If you are looking for an electric toothbrush which is in the middle price bracket, the Oral-B Pro 1000 might be a model to consider. According to Oral-B, this toothbrush can remove up to 100% more plaque than a standard manual toothbrush, thanks to the 3D cleaning swipes which break up the plaque.
As of the time of this review, it is the #1 Best Seller in Amazon.com’s Rechargeable Toothbrushes category, that is obviously a big range, but it’s a great brush and well worth it even at the upper end of that bracket. If you manage to snag a deal on it, you are getting an incredible value.
Buyers love this toothbrush. Just how much? Consider that it is extremely popular, and there are more than 2,120 reviews for it on Amazon.com. Those reviews average out to 4.5 out of 5 stars, which is a very high rating for any product, but especially for one so popular! I tested out the Oral-B Pro 1000 to see how it performs for myself. Here is what I found.
P.S. I have got few questions asking about the Deep Sweep 1000 in comparison to the Oral-B Pro 1000. My answer is they are almost functionally and physically identical. I would go with whichever that gives me a better deal.
Features Of Oral B 1000
I was curious what type of brush head would come with the Oral-B ProfessionalCare 1000, because the product description said one thing, and the features said another. It turned out to be a small round brush rather than an oval one. As best I can tell, this is the CrossAction brush head—not the Deep Sweep which the Amazon product listing also mentions.
This is great if you need a round head, which a lot of people do. I found it was perfect for getting one tooth at a time, and the angle of the bristles helped me get between my teeth. This is always a challenge for me, and I was definitely happy with the results I got. If you need another brush head, though, you can use any of OralB’s brush heads. They are all compatible with all of their rechargeable brushes.
Another cool feature is the timer which is built into the handle. Every 30 seconds, the handle will buzz, which tells you that you need to move to another section of your mouth. You brush each quadrant for 30 seconds, and after 2 minutes, you’re done. The brush handle lets you know when you reach this time. It’s the amount of time that dentists recommend to patients.
One feature I really like is the pressure sensor. I have always had a hard time figuring out whether I am pressing hard enough on my teeth and gums, or whether I am overdoing it and causing damage. I seem to err one way or the other. This brush will let you know if you are pressing too hard by stopping the pulsations when it happens. So I can feel free to press as hard as I need to without worrying that I am going to wear down my enamel. That stops me from being skittish and not pressing hard enough.
When I’m done brushing, my teeth feel clean and smooth for a long time, and I also notice my breath smells better than it does when I use a manual toothbrush. After a dental checkup, my hygienist commented she saw less tartar buildup than she did before.
- Can remove up to 100% more plaque than a manual brush.
- One mode only: Daily Clean
- Compatible with any Oral-B brush head: CrossAction, Floss Action, Precision Clean, Deep Sweep, Dual Clean, ProWhite, Ortho, PowerTip, or Sensitive.
- Rechargeable. Can hold a charge for up to 7 days with regular use.
Pros of Oral-B Pro 1000
- Solidly made. This toothbrush was designed out of sturdy materials and holds up well to daily use.
- Reasonably priced. This is neither the cheapest nor the most expensive electric toothbrush you are going to find. It is a great option if you want a huge step up from your basic electric toothbrush, but do not need a million bells and whistles. As one reviewer pointed out, this toothbrush exists at the “intersection between economy and utility.” Another reviewer called it the “sweet spot for price and performance.”
- While the quadrant timing system takes some getting used to, it can be very helpful.
- Lightweight and easy to bring along if you are traveling.
- Includes a handy warning light to let you know when it is time to recharge your battery.
- The pressure sensor is a huge help if you tend to either press too hard or worry about pressing too hard when you brush.
Cons of Oral-B Pro 1000
- The brush head is a bit larger than brush heads on some other models of electric toothbrushes. This probably will not be a big problem for most users, but if you have a small mouth/bone structure, it could be uncomfortable to reach along the sides.
- Some customers have mentioned that they have had to replace the charger or batteries within a pretty short time period. Thankfully the majority do not have this complaint.
One thing to point out which is neither a pro nor a con (it basically depends on what you are looking for) is that the Oral-B is gentler than many Philips Sonicare toothbrushes. This is a good thing if you find that Sonicare brushes are a bit too punishing on your gums. It may be a bad thing though if you like or need that kind of intensity, and the Oral-B just doesn’t cut it for you. This would be a great product if you have sensitive gums though, and a nice alternative to Sonicare.
Because the Oral-B Pro 1000 offers good features at an outstanding price, it is a great value, and a toothbrush I can readily recommend to a large group of buyers.
If you want to take a step up from your standard run-of-the-mill electric toothbrush, but you do not need the Rolls Royce of toothbrushes, the Oral-B Pro 1000 will give you the best of both worlds: economy and utility.
- Clinically proven superior 3D Cleaning Action oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and...
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in-handle timer helps...
- 1 Mode, Daily Clean, rotates to break up and sweep away plaque
- Included in pack: 1 Oral-B Professional Handle, 1 CrossAction Brush head and 1 charger
- Compatible with the following replacement toothbrush heads: CrossAction, 3D White, Sensitive Clean,...
Last update on 2018-12-17 / Affiliate links / Images & Stars from Amazon Product Advertising API