Looking for a highly rated electric toothbrush that has it all?
The Oral-B Black 7000 SmartSeries is the world’s first toothbrush to offer Bluetooth communication with your smartphone and real-time feedback on your brushing habits.
This app helps you to adjust your habits as needed for a healthier mouth and cleaner teeth and gums.
Other features include 3D cleaning and 6 different brushing modes for a customized experience.
If you are able to find it at a discount at the lower end of that bracket though, you are getting quite an amazing deal. I have seen more expensive brushes that only sell in the upper part of that price range or higher and which actually offer fewer features.
Additionally, the Oral-B Black 7000 SmartSeries is highly rated.
More than 830 buyers on Amazon.com have given it 4.5 out of 5 stars at the time of writing this review.
I gave it a try to see whether it’s worth it!
Naturally, the feature I was most curious about when I checked this toothbrush out was the Bluetooth compatibility and the smartphone app.
I mean, do you really need an app to help you brush?
It either had to be really cool, or a total gimmick, and I was determined to find out.
Believe it or not, it actually is pretty cool.
Firstly, the app provides you with a timer so that you brush as long as you are supposed to according to dental recommendations. You actually don’t theoretically need a smartphone to use the Bluetooth capabilities, because the toothbrush comes with a handy display screen. There’s a helpful graphic, information about how long you have been brushing, what mode you are in, and so on. So you get most of these benefits without a smartphone.
If you do have a smartphone, you can use the app to track your brushing habits over time. It stores a profile which you can look back at to check your progress. Why would you need that? Well, if you are like me, being able to hold yourself accountable is helpful. I can be pretty lazy sometimes, and this stops me from doing that because there is a record of my successes and failures to brush.
Other features include Oral-B’s 3D cleaning which oscillates and rotates to get all angles of your teeth and gets in between them really well. The set comes with three different brush heads, which are great—especially the Cross Action—but you can actually use any Oral-B brush head you want. They are all compatible. There are six different modes. I only found a couple I would use regularly, but the options are always nice to have. There is a pressure sensor which lights up if you are pressing too hard when you brush, and a really amazing travel case.
- The world’s first toothbrush with Bluetooth connectivity.
- CrossAction brush head is angled at 16 degrees and includes 3D brushing action to remove 100% more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- Six modes included.
- Time included.
- Includes one CrossAction brush head, one ProWhite brush head, one Sensitive brush head, a premium charger with refill head storage, a premium travel case, and a SmartGuide.
- Compatible with all Oral-B brush heads.
Brushing modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, Tongue Cleaner
Pros of the Oral-B Black 7000 SmartSeries
- The smartphone app is actually really helpful, especially if you have accountability problems, and you need the feedback to keep you focused on healthy brushing habits.
- Pressure sensor technology is incredibly helpful if you tend to press too hard—or too soft for fear of pressing too hard. The brush will detect if you are doing it and will automatically reduce the pulsating action of the brush head until you correct your brushing.
- The black travel case is particularly luxurious and something that a lot of customers really love. You are not going to find a nicer case anywhere.
- Even though this brush has more modes than you are likely to actually use, the fact that you can customize it to your needs is excellent.
- It does a genuinely great job. As one customer said, “This does a better job of cleaning my teeth than any other electric toothbrush I’ve ever had, and I’ve had a number of them.”
Cons of the Oral-B Black 7000 SmartSeries
- There is a really brief pause between quadrants that is linked to the timing feature. This is less than a second, but it is enough to annoy some customers, who would rather just proceed immediately.
- A lot of customers complain about the battery. Firstly, it takes 24 hours to charge, and only lasts a week. Quite frankly, I find this pretty typical and am not sure what the big deal is in this respect. I do understand the other complaint, though, which is that the battery is not replaceable. When it does eventually die, you cannot order a replacement. The toothbrush is thus a disposable unit, which at this price is a bit ridiculous.
Is the Oral-B Black 7000 SmartSeries the right electric toothbrush for you? It all depends on your needs. I would say that the main reason to buy this particular toothbrush is its Bluetooth compatibility. Because of the issues with the battery, I would recommend a high-end alternative like the Philips Sonicare HX6932/10 FlexCare RS930 if you are looking for something that is otherwise comparable.
Alternately, if you like the Oral-B brand, but do not need all those special features, and would rather cut down on costs, you can consider the Oral-B Pro 1000 as a budget-friendly buy. Whichever of these brushes you decide on, you will get a powerful electric toothbrush that does a far superior job to a manual brush, and enjoy cleaner teeth and a whiter, healthier smile.
- Real-time feedback with the Oral-B app focuses brushing on your most important areas, tracks habits...
- Made of different high-tech materials like silicon. Cross Action round brush head with perfectly...
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove up to...
- Rechargeable with 6 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue...
- Speed - Up to 800 brush movements per second , Features - Specially designed seals and gaskets keep...
Last update on 2019-06-16 / Affiliate links / Images & Stars from Amazon Product Advertising API